Sunday, June 18, 2017

Back in the Saddle


Hello blog! I've missed you. Looks like I haven't posted in four years... and let me tell you why. I had a baby, got married, had another baby and guess what- babies take ALL of your time! Even though they are two and three now, they still require constant attention- and since my husband and I decided that I will be a stay-at-home-mom until the kids go to school, I really don't get a break from the munchkins. I honestly don't know how working mothers do this (I bow down to you). 
Now, I have a confession to make- I don't intend to make this blog into one of those "mommy blogs". To be frank, I don't like "mommy blogs". I don't enjoy reading about women gushing over their little "darlings" who can do no wrong (when you know the actual truth is far different. All children are d**ks sometimes.) In fact, I intend to make my blog about my passions outside of motherhood- sewing, crafting, photography, art, cooking- basically, anything creative. Here's a tidbit for women who have not yet had children- if you have any hobbies or passions such as mine, they get put ON HOLD in early parenthood. Unless you choose not to sleep. And I don't recommend that. 
Another confession- you can't help but resent your kids a little bit when your passions get put on hold. It's just natural. I guess I could rephrase that a little- you can't help but resent your decision to have kids a little bit when your passions get put on hold. It's not your kids' fault that they exist- it's yours. And I love my kids like crazy but I often feel trapped by them. Although, as they get older, it is getting a little easier day by day to partake in my hobbies here and there: after they get put to bed, during naptime (IF they happen to nap at the same time!) So this blog will be an outlet for my creative side- though I will probably mention my kids from time to time, it can't be helped. 
One last tidbit about motherhood- you always hear that being a mom is the hardest job in the world- and I have to admit, I had always been dubious about that. But it's absolutely TRUE. And I have done everything from blue-collar physical labor to a white-collar desk job. This is by far the hardest one.
I hope to create a blog post at least once a week but we'll see. I've recently re-opened my Etsy Shop and I've been doing some art and sewing projects so I will post about those in the coming weeks. And I will be having an Etsy Shop giveaway so stay tuned for that! 
xo 

1 comment: