Monday, August 17, 2009

my vintage wool clutch

i'm really excited to reveal the result of my latest sewing experiment! {drumroll, trumpet, kazoo, other such instrumentals} ::

what do you think? it's a clutch bag made from vintage pinstripe wool coating and a vintage button for decoration. i have to say, i've never been so in love with one of my creations before. i bought the fabric from SCRAP, the most delightful second-hand-art-supply-treasure-store i can think of. the button is from my grandmother's collection.
my original vision for this fabric was to create something with texture to show off the thickness of the fabric. the pinstripes worked out perfectly to make the angles and ruffles even more dramatic. here's a closer shot ::

i'll definitely be making more of these to put in the shop! {i gave this one to my sister-in-law for a birthday present}. sadly, i don't have a lot of the vintage wool fabric left, but i might try some new fabric or other materials to see if they perform as well.
hooray for happy fabric finds!!

3 comments:

archive